Day 4We have been looking at our hearts and how to Prepare them for Jesus. Pulling weeds, cultivating and clearing out the things that do not belong have been part of this plan. Let's look at what is missing from our soil to make it nutrient rich.
When we plant a garden, evaluating the soil is crucial to producing a healthy crop. A simple soil test can tell you if the pH is to acidic or alkaline. The same is true for us as Christians. We must evaluate the soil of our hearts to determine what must be added to become more fruitful.
Being the expert that I am, I simply Googled, "Fruit of the Spirit test" and this Test showed up.
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. Galatians 5:22-23
Here are my results
- For the Spiritual Fruit of Peace you got 82%.
- For the Spiritual Fruit of Patience you got 65%.
- For the Spiritual Fruit of Self-Control you got 48%.
- For the Spiritual Fruit of Love you got 40%.
- For the Spiritual Fruit of Kindness you got 40%.
- For the Spiritual Fruit of Goodness you got 40%.
- For the Spiritual Fruit of Gentleness you got 36%.
- For the Spiritual Fruit of Faithfulness you got 32%.
- For the Spiritual Fruit of Joy you got 66%.
As you can see I have some work to do! Wow, faithfulness and gentleness are really low! I need to ask God to help me grow in these areas. I challenge you to take the test and see where you could improve.
Lord I am so embarrassed to see how low I scored in some of these areas. Please cultivate my soil and add in what I need to be fruitful and become glorifying to you.
Have you missed a day? Get caught up here.
Day 1 Prepare My Heart
Day 2 Pull those Weeds
Day 3 Cultivate My Heart
Day 4 What is Missing